Common Problems Drains and Plumbing in Utah
If you live in Utah, you know that our state is unique in many ways. And when it comes to drain issues, we are no different! Here are some of the most common drain issues we see in Utah:
1. Hard water build–up: If you have hard water, you know that it can leave behind a chalky residue. Over time, this can build up in your drains and cause them to clog. If you notice your drains starting to slow down, it‘s probably time to give them a good cleaning.
2. Grease build–up: If you love to cook, chances are you‘ve dealt with a clogged drain or two. Grease is one of the most common culprits when it comes to clogged drains. To avoid this issue, be sure to dispose of grease properly. Pour it into a can or jar and throw it in the trash.
3. Hair build–up: Hair is another common cause of clogged drains. If you have long hair, be sure to tie it up before you jump in the shower. And don‘t forget to clean your drains regularly to avoid a nasty clog.
4. Soap build–up: One of the most common causes is the use of too much soap when washing dishes or laundry. This can happen if you have a dishwasher that doesn’t have a water softener, or if you are using a laundry detergent that is too high in alkaline. Another common cause of soap build up is using the wrong type of soap. For example, using a bar soap instead of a liquid soap can cause soap scum to build up on your pipes. Finally, hard water can also cause soap build up in your pipes. This is because the minerals in hard water can react with the soap to form a scaly residue.
5. Tree roots: Utah has a lot of beautiful trees although out neighborhoods. Tree roots are one of the leading causes of plumbing and drain problems. When tree roots grow into pipes, they can cause blockages that reduce water flow and lead to backups and flooding. In addition, tree roots can damage pipes and cause them to break or collapse. If you have tree roots in your plumbing, it is important to have a professional assess the situation and determine the best course of action.