Why Should You Have Regular Maintenance and Cleaning Done on Your Homes Drains?
One of the most important things you can do to keep your home’s plumbing system in top shape is to regularly clean and maintain your drains. Over time, drains can become clogged with hair, soap scum, and other debris, which can lead to water backups and other problems. By taking some simple steps to clean and maintain your drains, you can help keep your plumbing system flowing smoothly and avoid costly repairs down the road. Utah is unique because we have particularly hard water that over time builds up deposits and can cause your pipes to clog more frequently. Additionally Utah neighborhoods have many trees, these trees’ roots can grow into your sewer, water and plumbing lines causing damage and clogs.
Here are a few tips for keeping your drains clean and well–maintained:
- Clear hair and other debris from drains with a drain snake or other tool on a regular basis.
- Use a plunger to clear blockages as needed.
- Pour boiling water down drains once a week to help dissolve any build–up. Only do this if you are sure you have metal drain piping. Boiling water could deform PVC plumbing if allowed to contact for too long
- Avoid pouring grease, coffee grounds, and other food waste down drains.
- Install drain screens to catch hair and other debris and keep it from going down the drain.
- Hire Drain Solutions to annually come to inspect, clean and clear all of your drains.
By taking these simple steps, you can help ensure that your home’s plumbing system stays in good working order for years to come.